If I had the means I would buy a copy of this movie for every Christian parent I know. If you have a daughter and you want to be challenged with a counter-cultural vision of her future please see this movie. I am not profiting from the sale of this movie but you will!
“The Return of the Daughters” premiered at the 2007 San Antonio Independent Christian Film Festival (SAICFF) to a standing ovation and my wife and I were among those standing. I encourage all parents to see this movie (cost $20) . As a father of three I have had to think carefully about many of the cultural practices we blindly accept and the impact these decisions have on my family. This movie offers us portraits of families who have challenged cultural norms and have instead found beautiful alternatives. Click the link to purchase or learn more about the movie.
A few thoughts…
- The movie is very well crafted. Five families are profiled. They demonstrate that keeping your daughters at home is not only a viable option but an option that bears much fruit.
- The movie does an effective job of responding to many of the potential critics.
- For families that want to foster a multi-generational vision I see this as a foundational aspect for success.
- Voddie Baucham and his daughter are powerful and articulate spokesmen for this position. Pray for this man, his family, and everyone featured in this movie. If anyone of them falls they will be dragged out for all to see.
- I can’t wait to see what the movie the Botkin family does next!
If you want to get a taste of Voddie see my other posts tagged Voddie Baucham.